Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /homepages/2/d618016209/htdocs/clickandbuilds/rcmco/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/operations.class.php on line 2254
Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /homepages/2/d618016209/htdocs/clickandbuilds/rcmco/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/operations.class.php on line 2258
Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /homepages/2/d618016209/htdocs/clickandbuilds/rcmco/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/output.class.php on line 2941 Corner Cottage, Burnham On Crouch - RCM Co Ltd
This first stage involved meeting with the customer to go through the design and process of the job.
This project was to repoint the side and front elevation of the house along with a brick wall at the front; fit a sky light window in the top room; replace a lantern in the original ground extension and repair the sash windows.
Our architect worked with the listed building consent to get approval for the sky light in the top room. Whilst the Velux was being replaced we noticed that the existing roof beams needed supporting with additional structural beams.
MDC were involved to approve the cement used for the pointing, making sure it met listed building consent. To meet regulations, we had to provide samples of cement from the local quarry- G&B Finch, these had to be of the right colour and consistency.
Whilst the paper work and discussion with the council were in progress we started the repair work on the sash windows.
Once we had approval from the council, we had everything we needed to be able to proceed with the job.
This stage was the rip out and 1st fix of the job.
Firstly, we raked out all of the old pointing to the specified depth in preparation for the new pointing. To do this we needed to use a tower for the scaffolding, so we could work around the public and move it easily.
In the top room we took the boarding off, supported the existing beams and fitted the Velux window. The room was then boarded out and prepared for plastering.
The existing lantern was removed and then measurements were taken for the new lantern. The flat roof was boarded out and the old roof replaced with new EPDM rubber membrane.
Throughout the job, the area was thoroughly cleaned to keep the public area clean and safe.
This stage was to 2nd fix the job.
Once the top room had been plastered we were then ready to mist-coat and decorate.
The external walls were pointed with the approved cement, whilst working on the front brick wall we had to replace some broken bricks. These were replaced with matching bricks from a reclamaition yard. The bottom part of the wall was painted with black breathable paint to match the original paintwork.
The last job was to fit the new lantern in the rear, single-storey existing extension.
At the finishing stage, all paperwork was completed. The whole site was then cleared, and a cleaning company employed to finish off to a high, professional standard.
The work took 3 months on a flexible schedule due to the nature of the job (weather constraints and council’s involvement). Our client was informed throughout and updated on the schedule as it progressed.
If you would like more information on our services offered, please see our services pages.